‘Providing a sanctuary and welcoming those individuals and organisations playing an active and influential role in the social, cultural and business development of the Liverpool City Region since 1797.’
Founded over 220 years ago by the movers and shakers of the time, The Athenaeum has been a centre of Influence within the city since its inception. Today the Club is home to a membership comprising of women and men from a wide range of backgrounds who enjoy the benefits that Membership of The Athenaeum has to offer.
Located in the heart of the city centre, the Club welcomes applications from both individuals and businesses, and offers a multitude of benefits, not least the prestige and fellowship that comes with joining a social, cultural and business hub like The Athenaeum.
~ ~ ~
Our Members enjoy many benefits to their membership and there are a plethora of ways that they can make the most of their Club. As a Member you can treat your friends to a gourmet lunch in our Dining Room, put your feet up by the fire with a coffee or something stronger whilst relaxing in our Newsroom, or host an event -big or small– subject to no room hire** in one of many grand rooms across the premises. Lose yourself for hours in incomparable Library, or meet friends new and old at a myriad of functions that comprise our social calendar. When away from Liverpool membership still has its advantages with our Members granted access to a network of over 75 Clubs from across the UK and the rest of the world to whom we have reciprocity with, many of which have accommodation.
The many benefits of Athenaeum membership
• A home away from home in the heart of Liverpool city centre.
• Use of the Club house and its facilities, including Newsroom Library, Dining Room and meeting rooms. The perfect venue to entertain guests, clients, or to enjoy some alone time to relax or get work done.
• An extensive and historic members’ library with the services of professional librarian available to assist members who wish to undertake research.
• A busy and varied programme of events taking place throughout the year, many of which are exclusive for Members and their guests.
• Complimentary drop-in meeting facilities
• Book rooms for functions such as dinners, business meetings and seminars, subject to no room hire.
• Access to a worldwide network of reciprocal clubs, many in London.
• Complimentary and secure WiFi connectivity in all public areas and meeting rooms
• A growing list of offers through the Club’s alliance partners, including discount at local car parks and being a preferential customer at a local bespoke tailors.