A daily dose of exercise for the mind from our quiz master Paul McCarthy! Questions posted by 11:00am each day. Answers will be posted by 6:00pm at the foot of this page.
Monday 25 May 2020
Did you see on the T.V. News the beautiful but deserted Lake Como .
No holidays there at the moment.
But today we have ‘ A Taste of Italy ‘
1. What is prosciutto ?
2. During which part of a meal would Antipasto be served ?
3. Who when interviewed by Emily Maitlis on Newsnight said he had bought
Pizza at The Pizza Express in Woking ?
4. What type of food are ciabatta and focaccia ?
5. Insalata Tricolore is inspired by the colours of The Italian Flag ,
Red , White and what other colour ?
The answers to today’s quiz can be found below!
Saturday 25 May 2020 – Answers
1. Prosciutto is dry cured ham.
2. Antipasto is a starter / appetizer .
3. Prince Andrew.
4 Ciabatta and focaccia are types of bread.
5. The colours of The Italian Flag are red, white and green.
In case you are not aware there is a new series of ‘ A House through time ‘ .
on BBC 2 tomorrow at 9 pm.
The Athenaeum was of course involved in the first series.