Entries are now being received for the 16th edition of the Frank Moran Young Writers Competition. The annual writing award (formally the Athenaeum Writer In Residence Award, before it was renamed after its founder), is held by the Athenaeum, in partnership with the Liverpool Echo & Radio Merseyside, is the premier writing competition for young people across Merseyside. Full details of the competition, and how to enter can be found below.
The Award includes;
- Designation as Writer – In – Residence for one year.
- Prize of £1,000.00.
- Publication of the winning entry in the Liverpool Echo
- An Opportunity to produce and publish two articles, essays or poems via BBC Radio Merseyside & The Liverpool Echo.
- Honorary Membership of the Athenaeum for one year including access to the Library.
- An Invitation from the Athenaeum to a Lunch or Dinner on an appropriate occasion.
In addition, if the entry comes via a school, The Athenaeum will donate £100.00 to be used for the Purchase of books for the School Library. Towards the end of his or her year, we will expect from the winner an appropriate report on the year’s activities and rewards.
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER***
The Closing date for entries has now passed. The judges will be meeting shortly to decide this year’s finalists before the winner is named in February 2018!